Real estate and property in Ankara, Turkey for sale
Turkey’s capital, Ankara is the administrative centre of the country and it’s second largest city after the metropolis that is Istanbul. With a population of 4.5 million, real estate in Ankara is highly sought after and here you will find property in Ankara for sale including luxury family homes, large houses, and spacious apartments for lifestyle and investment needs.
Location of Ankara
A symbol of Turkish independence and Western values, it is located in the heart of central Anatolia. Ankara is overlooked by Anitkabir, an enormous hilltop mausoleum of modern Turkey’s first President and the same man who first declared Ankara as the capital in 1923; Kemal Ataturk. Served by Ankara Esenboga International Airport found 28km northeast of the city, it is easy to reach your Ankara property with direct flights to European hubs available on a daily basis.
Today Ankara is Turkey’s cosmopolitan capital, administrative centre, home of performing arts, and popular university town. With a large population of government workers and busy students, those who invest in an Ankara property will have no trouble finding rental income with diplomats, embassy staff, and university students all needing accommodation on a long term basis.
Climate of Ankara
Like most parts of Anatolia, Ankara has a continental climate with winters producing snow and a cold temperature sometimes reaching below freezing point. Summers are far more comfortable than coastal regions of Turkey thanks to a low level of humidity and temperatures can often reach 30 degrees in the afternoons.
Things to do in Ankara
Those who purchase Ankara real estate and live in the city all year round will find plenty of things to do and places to see ranging from landmarks to museums and shopping. Our favourite places in Ankara include:
1. Anitkabir – located on a hill overlooking the city, Anitkabir is the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and was originally completed in 1953.
2. Haci Bayram Mosque – Found next to Augustus Temple, the Mosque was completed in 1427 and is surrounded by traditional buildings and shops.
3. Atakule Tower – One of the tallest structures in Ankara, the tower features a hotel, observation deck with stunning views, and much more.
4. Ulus and Republican Ankara – Ulus is located by Ataturk Boulevard and features numerous famous buildings to see and unique architecture.
5. Hamamonu – This recently restored area features Ottoman influenced Ankara properties and is a must see area to visit with plenty of restaurants, cafes, and souvenir shops.
6. Teleferik – Beginning from Yenimahalle Metro Station, Teleferik is a cable car with two stations and is currently accessible free of charge.
5-star complex offering apartments for sale in Ankara ranging up to four bedrooms along with superb social facilities including the largest private beach in the city, an Alacati style shopping bazaar, and lots more to keep everyone happy.