Property for sale in Kalkan
Authentic and much understated Kalkan on Turkish Mediterranean coast, a district of Antalya Province, is home to some of Turkey's most attractive properties. Being a fair distance from Dalaman and Antalya airports, Kalkan does not appeal to mass holiday tourism, which is a blessing in disguise for those owning a property in Kalkan. Find listings that showcase a great range of luxury Kalkan villas to allow you to fully experience privacy. This charming Mediterranean town is never over-crowded or crammed with loud bars and clubs. The tranquil atmosphere and breathtaking sea views attract the more discerning Turkish and overseas foreign home buyer. Being close to Tlos and Kekova as well as Patara Beach and Kaputas are certainly added advantages to owning a Kalkan property.
What are the prices for property for sale in Kalkan?
Kalkan houses range from modest sea view apartments to luxury Kalkan villas and properties nestled on hilltops and by the seafront. Although it is possible to find detached villas in Kalkan for sale from as low as Euro 150,000, the more stylish panoramic 3 or 4 bedroom Kalkan holiday homes are priced at around Euro 300,000 and upwards. Limited availability of building land and due to small size of Kalkan Bay, demand is currently pushing up prices of well designed Kalkan real estate. Here are some examples of what you can expect to pay for a quality home in Kalkan
- 3 bedroom detached villa in Ortaalan, Kalkan with open sea view, modern design and private pool from Euro 400,000
- 4 bedroom private luxury house in Kalkan Kisla or Ortaalan districts within 500 metres of seafront and with unobstructed views, private pool from Euro 500,000
- Seafront 3 or 4 bedroom Kalkan property detached house frontline parcel to beach and with private pool from Euro 600,000 - Euro 1.2m
- Sea view 2 and 3 bedroom modern luxury apartments in Kalkan with well managed shared facilities such as complex pool, cafe from Euro 90,000 - Euro 150,000
- Land for sale in Kalkan around 600sqm sea view parcel from Euro 250,000 suitable for building a private detached house
Where are the most attractive spots to buy real estate in Kalkan?
Some of the most desirable Kalkan villas and apartments are located in Kisla district to the left of the bay looking out toward the sea from Kalkan harbour. Second to Kisla, and according to some even better than Kisla, is elevated Ortaalan district right behind the town centre and under the main D400 road that connects Kalkan to Antalya. Some of Kalkan's best contemporary houses and luxury villas are located in Ortaalan district commanding price tags in excess of Euro 500,000.
Komurluk area, which sits right next to Kalkan town centre and in between Kalkan centre and Kisla, is one of Kalkan's most established districts with lovely stone-clad villas and beachfront, seafront houses. The main appeal of Komurluk is its proximity to Kalkan centre, walking distance. In addition, views from Komurluk properties are particularly dramatic. Kalamar bay is the next little bay to the right hand side of Kalkan bay and twinned with it. Kalamar is a residential holiday homes area with several beach clubs and excellent sunsets. Compared to Kisla and Komurluk, Kalkan property prices in Kalamar come with around 10 - 20% discount. Having said that some very modern beachfront Kalkan villas built in recent years in Kalamar area helped push up the property price averages.
Above the main D400 road is Kiziltas district of Kalkan, which affords some of the most panoramic views of both Kalkan and Kalamar bays. Properties in Kalkan's Kiziltas area tend to be larger with bigger plot sizes compared to houses in other parts of Kalkan. Prices are also more affordable due to the fact that most Kalkan property buyers view the districts above D400 as less desirable than those closer to Kalkan harbour and town centre.
Return on investment and rental income from property for sale in Kalkan
Kalkan is particularly strong on rentals with some villas fetching up to Euro 4,000 per week from May to October. It is possible to net in excess of 6%pa in Kalkan property rentals such as holiday home buy-to-lets. This is one of the main attractions of Kalkan without a doubt; lifestyle and investment. Due to limited land availability, new builds are restricted. This, coupled with very high rental yields enjoyed by property owners, push up Kalkan real estate price averages year on year. The more modern, contemporary homes command higher premiums than the older style more traditional properties. If you are considering to invest in Kalkan real estate, the following are our top tips -
- Buy modern designed houses as opposed to older and heavier (some may call it 'traditional') looking properties
- Villas and houses always do better than apartments
- Never compromise full sea views. If you need to pay a little extra for open views, do it because it will more than come back to you as rental income and appreciation
- Private pool is a must
- 4 bedrooms are ideal, 5th bedroom is a nice to have but not essential
- Make sure you evaluate the zoning and planning regulations applicable to plots in front of you - you do not want your view to be obstructed in a few years' time
- If you can afford it, buy waterfront property in Kalkan. Seafront zones will appreciate the most in the forthcoming 5 - 10 years in Turkey