Ordu properties for sale
Property in Ordu for sale, including luxury villas, apartments in Ordu with excellent sea views, and on-site luxury facilities – Ordu properties are some of the best bargains that you will find in the country. Call Property Turkey for Ordu homes today.
Ordu property is located on the Black Sea coast of Turkey, it is a province that is well known for its rich levels of oxygen and varied landscape ranging from green nature, to mountain streams, to the largest hazelnut produced in the world. Ordu is adjacent to Samsun, Tokat, Sivas, and Giresun.
Ordu was named as Ordu in 1869 after uniting with other neighbouring districts, previously being under the dominion of the Ottomans, the Empire of Trabzon, the Seljuk Turks, and the Danishmends. Ordu province was created in April 17 1920.
Ordu is the largest hazelnut producer in the world and is home to more than 50% of all hazelnuts in Turkey. Today, Ordu is known as the centre of processing in the hazelnut industry and the largest exporter in Turkey.
Things to do and see while in Ordu
- Sagra factory shop – Selling chocolate hazelnuts
- Boztepe – A hill overlooking the city from the West
- Ordu Boztepe Gondola – Aerial lift taking you to Boztepe
- Tasbasi Cultural Centre – A must see for those in Ordu
- Pasaoglu Konagi and Ethnographic Museum
- Old Houses of Ordu – Located in the old city centre
- Atik Ibrahim Pasa Camii – Mosque originally built in 1770
- Eski Pazar Camii – Mosque with on-site Turkish Baths
- Yali Camii – Mosque also known as Aziziye Camii