If you’ve been keeping track of Istanbul’s property investment scene you’ll have noticed the Media Highway area is receiving a great deal of attention from media outlets and industry insiders in terms of its potential for Istanbul property investment.
Media Highway: the Investment Highway
Locals know the area as Basin Ekspres, which translates in English to Media Highway. Whatever you want to call it, one thing is clear: this rapidly developing central hub is arguably the hottest investment ticket in the city, with US$1billion government investment pouring into the area, improving roads, local leisure facilities and, of course, its property developments, which are fast becoming renowned for their high quality and modern facilities.
Why buy property on Media Highway
It's close to the city centre and Istanbul's historic peninsula
Unlike many other regenerated areas in Istanbul, which are located on the city's outskirts, Media Highway is centrally situated. This gives the area an edge, since Istanbul's traffic is notoriously congested, and commuters prefer an easy journey into the central city.
It's connected to two significant arterial roads
The E6 motorway circles the city, allowing traffic to bypass the most congested parts of Istanbul, while the E5 bisects Istanbul to travel northwards. Media Highway is the only area within Istanbul that has a direct link to each of these roads, giving residents a huge travel advantage and the ability to access far-reaching areas of the city.
It's developing at breakneck speed
Urban regeneration is generally a slow process. Dismantling older buildings piecemeal involves dealing with thousands of property owners and mountains of paperwork. However, Media Highway is a former industrial area, with large parcels of land being sold by companies moving their large operations out of the city. This means developers can work fast: negotiating with one individual for the sale of one large parcel of land, which can then be easily developed. For investors, this is great news as it means high profits can be reaped in less time.
It's an independent business hub
Media Highway isn't simply a new residential hub: it's a global centre of business in its own right. Media Highway’s development is centered around its business infrastructure: it’s become a pivotal location for Istanbul’s financial industry, and a number of global corporations are opening head offices here. It's also home to Turkey's largest expo centre, the CNR. The centre attracts thousands of visitors each year, and is partly responsible for the fact that eleven five-star hotels have moved to the area in the last few years.
The number of properties on offer in the area is large and diverse. However, as an investor, you need to tread carefully. Not every development is suitable for investment, and depending on location, quality and price, each property will have its own unique selling points, which greatly impacts upon capital appreciation and exit strategy.
We’ve outlined a few projects in the Media Highway area that we believe offer exceptional potential for value, investment potential, rental ability and a solid exit strategy. Read on to discover the most attractive developments in Istanbul’s Media Highway.
Quality parkside homes at pre launch prices
Investment score: 10/10
With excellent lifestyle facilities and great travel links to the rest of the area and the city beyond, these apartments will likely be popular with buyers seeking lifestyle opportunities as well as a solid Istanbul property investment.
- Where: Five minutes walk from two Metro stations, 200m from a university.
- Price per square metre: $1,750.
- Payment terms: a 25% down payment, with payment spread over 36 to 48 months.
- Investment potential: Available at pre-launch prices, the properties are set to appreciate by more than 40% by the time of completion, representing an extraordinary opportunity for investors. The complex’s location just 200 metres from a university means properties will always be in demand by students, allowing steady rental income on top of the considerable capital gains.
Designer properties by Philippe Starck
Investment score: 8/10
A short five minute drive will take you to Ataturk Airport, while the huge Mall of Istanbul is also within five minutes or less. You will find local amenities and facilities within walking distance, everything is close by – the location is top notch.
- Where: three minutes from the Metro station, and five minutes from the Mall of Istanbul.
- Price per square metre: $2,400
- Payment terms: your home today with a 50% down payment, followed by balance paid over a period lasting 24 months.
- Investment potential: A low price means G by Yoo will be attractive to many investors looking for a lower priced entry to Istanbul property. The location and the quality of the build means rental potential is high, and for the same reasons investors’ exit strategy is assured.
Central Media Highway investment at pre launch prices
Investment score: 9/10
The modern complex has a huge number of features that will appeal to families and professionals, including gyms, saunas, a pool as well as cafes, restaurants and boutique shops. Being one of the most comprehensive projects of the area, this is definitely one not to miss.
- Where: 150m from the Metro Station in the heart of Media Highway
- Price per square metre: $2,300
- Payment terms: Properties can be secured with a 35% deposit, and payment over 30 months. Buyers paying in cash could be offered a 10% discount.
- Investment potential: these properties are tough to beat when it comes to investment value. Already priced low, they’re set to appreciate as they’re constructed: a built-in capital gain for buyers. The top facilities mean they’ll be popular with long-term renters - we predict annual rental income of around 8%.
First class marina homes in luxury complex
Investment score: 8/10
The development’s lifestyle facilities are also attractive, adding to the already considerable appeal of this quality housing complex.
- Where: Atakoy Marina
- Price per square metre: $2,350
- Payment terms: a 50% down payment, followed by payment over 24 months with zero added interest.
- Investment potential: The low entry price of this project, combined with the excellent location, mean interest from professionals looking for quality accommodation will be high, allowing you to supplement the excellent capital gains from this property. Exit strategy is also assured in the high calibre development, an extra draw for would-be investors looking to take their gains in the medium term.
Central Metro-link apartments at pre-launch prices
Investment score: 9/10
Fast-acting investors can obtain 15% discount on these already favourably priced designer apartments by reserving their apartments ASAP.
These modern apartments enjoy all the lifestyle mod cons you can expect from a stylish city development, including smart home technology and excellent complex facilities like a gym, sauna, cafes, restaurants and shops. With the high quality build and the excellent facilities available for residents, we expect these apartments to be very popular with professionals commuting to Media Highway's central business district.
- Where: Media Highway’s new central business district
- Price per square metre: $1,900
- Payment terms: 25% down payment and a 48-month interest free payment plan.
- Investment potential: with its central location, low pre-launch level price and predicted capital gains of 69% within three years, it would be difficult to better this excellent property.
Built in partnership with a worldwide hotel chain, these outstanding beachfront properties enjoy magnificent open panoramic views across the sea and are just minutes away from a private bay and excellent on-site social facilities.
Built around a unique U-shaped courtyard, this villa has been custom-designed and is nestled in a peaceful neighbourhood of Buyukcekmece in Istanbul – ideal for those looking for added privacy away from the city centre.
In the countryside of Antalya, this farmhouse style property is a nature lovers dream and is situated within a huge plot guaranteeing a private lifestyle – this house in Kursunlu enjoys beautiful views from all rooms inside.
Designed by an award-winning British architect, these outstanding sea view properties feature an on-site marina and other social facilities and form one of the most complete residential complexes in the city today.