New data released by the Turkish Statistical Institute (TurkStat) on Friday has shown that domestic tourism spending in Turkey increased by a huge 100.4% in the period from January to March 2022 when compared to the same period in 2021. Information released showed that spending reached 12.1 billion Turkish Lira, approximately 680 million USD.
How many people travelled within Turkey?
TurkStat data showed that in the first quarter of the year, a total of 7.3 million people travelled within Turkey to different cities and regions. The average number of days for each traveller amounted to 7.7 days, with a total number of 67.5 million nights stayed in Turkish hotels and homes in the first quarter of the year.
How much are tourists spending in Turkey?
The average expenditure for a vacation in Turkey amounted to 1,383 Turkish Lira. Out of that, 94.5% of the expenses were personal expenses amounting to 11.5 billion Turkish Lira in total. The remaining 5.5% were package tour expenses that totalled 665.6 million Turkish Lira according to the data obtained.
Transportation costs were on average, 33.7% of the total cost of each trip in Turkey. Food and beverage costs amounted to roughly 28.8%, while accommodation costs were 11.1% on average.
Compared to last year, average expenditure saw an increase of 125.4% in transportation, 109.8% in food and beverage, and 132.9% in accommodation costs and people in Turkey started vacationing again.
Why do people travel within Turkey?
The reasons for travelling within Turkey can be broken down into several categories. Of the people travelling, 65.1% were travelling to see relatives, 18.5% of people were travelling for vacation purposes, and finally 6.3% of people were travelling in Turkey for health-related matters.
In the first quarter of the year there were 51.1 million nights stayed at friends or relatives’ homes by those travelling. The second most popular accommodation type was staying at their own homes or holiday houses with 7.2 million nights. Finally, Turkish hotels enjoyed 4.5 million overnight stays.
Big Life near Little Bosphorus by Rams, an exciting opportunity not to miss out on – this luxury project offers spacious apartments for sale in Halic area of Istanbul and enjoys sea views of the Golden Horn as part of a superb complex in Turkey.
Our unique U shaped houses for sale in Gumusluk are designed from top to bottom with luxury living in mind, featuring an authentic fusion of architecture to create some of the most stunning properties in the Bodrum peninsula.
Situated within a secure compound, these luxury-built villas are nestled within a private area of Dosemealti in Antalya and have fantastic nature views from their own private gardens with spacious swimming pools outside.
Minutes away from Taksim Square and the Bosphorus Sea, this penthouse-style apartment is located in the heart of Bomonti in Sisli area of Istanbul and forms part of a prestigious site with 5-star services to use.